Fire breaks out at Laketown restaurant
– 40 people trapped in the house were evacuated safely
Bidhannagar : A massive fire broke out at a restaurant on Joshore Road in Bangur Park area of Laketown on Sunday evening. The intensity of the fire was so high that the fire started in the ground floor spread to the second floor of the house. Eight fire engines reached the spot and brought the fire under control after an hour’s effort. However, there was no casualty in the accident. The local people were terrified because of the petrol pump next to the house. State Fire Minister Sujit Bose reached the spot after getting information about the incident. Minister Sujit Bose said that as soon as the information about the fire was received, the fire brigade personnel reached the spot and quickly brought the fire under control. However, how the fire started is yet to be known. The real cause of the fire will be known only after the forensic investigation.
What is the whole matter?
According to the information, seeing the fire in the restaurant at 6 o’clock on Sunday evening, people informed the police and fire brigade. At first the locals tried to extinguish the fire but within minutes the fire spread to the entire restaurant. Not only this, the fire in the ground floor reached the first floor and the second floor flat. During this, 6 family members living in 6 flats of the house got stuck there. With the help of the local people and the police, the people trapped in the house were brought out safely. In no time, the entire restaurant turned into a balloon of fire. Due to this, traffic service in one lane of Jeshore Road was also affected. Due to the fire in the ground and first floor of the 6-storey house, the smoke spread to the second floor. Pradeep Aggarwal, a resident of Jeshore Road, said that the footpath on the entire Jeshore Road has been illegally occupied for commercial purposes. No one is there to see it.
This is also one of the main reasons behind the fire in the restaurant on Sunday evening. If the administration does not act on this soon, then such incidents will not be prevented in future also. Local Madina Bibi told that when she reached the spot after getting the news of the fire in the restaurant, she found the whole house in flames. The people trapped in the house were taken out safely. Fire officials said that there was a lot of inflammable material inside the restaurant due to which the fire spread rapidly. However, it is not clear from where and how the fire broke out in the restaurant.