Hindu symbols like lotus, swastika found inside Gyanvapi mosque of Varanasi, claims survey report
The court-appointed commission to conduct a videography survey of the Kashi Vishwanath Temple-Gyanvapi Masjid complex submitted its report to the court on Thursday, which noted that the members used “Hindu symbols such as the lotus, swastika, ‘trishul’ (trident) and Hindu symbols”. Saw the bell-shaped “in the building.
The report said that four doors of the Gyanvapi Masjid were sealed with new bricks.
On one of its pages, the report concludes its findings point by point.
1. There is a symbol of ‘Trishul’ inside the second pillar of the mosque, to which plaintiff no. 4 lodged an objection and its photo and videography was done.
2. In the south-west corner of the mosque, the symbol of ‘swastika’ was found inscribed on the west wall. There were three embellished lotus emblems, which were also found with the ‘swastika’ symbol.
3. Further inside the mosque, many signs of lotus were found carved on the stones. Apart from this ‘swastika’ was found on lotus petals.
4. On one pillar of the mosque, Hindi words have been engraved in seven lines.
5. Water seeps into one wall to the east-south of the mosque and the entire wall is wet. The floor under the wall is also damp.
6. On one side of the ‘Tahkhana’ (underground section of the mosque), four gates are closed with new bricks.
7. Stone pillars, bell-like figures and flower vases (Kalash) are carved on both sides.
8. Just after the entrance of the cellar, the symbol of ‘Swastika’ was found inscribed on the second stone.
The report said that all of them were photographed as well as videographed.
Read all the latest news, breaking news and IPL 2022 live updates here.